e-books direct to readers - now available - see Buy page.
e-books for Scandinavian readers - Following Swedish university adoption, these are now available on the Bokus and Adlibris bookstores.
Price rises, paperback and hardcover books - Booksellers have raised their discounts significantly as of September 2023; this will be reflected in our prices. However, our e-books stay the same price, thus offering an even better bargain than before.
Published May 2023 - Guide to Advanced Statistical Analysis in R
by statistician April Liu
Published June 2023 - The fast guide to statistical testing with JASP, by Cole Davis
2nd editions - Statistical Testing with R (June, 2022) - and the jamovi specific subject volumes (May 2023)
Questions and answers - Following requests from tutors, additional questions and answers on a chapter-by-chapter basis
may be found on the sections of the website devoted to individual books.
Further update - the exercises have been edited to make them more relevant to the specific disciplines.
Library ebooks - Vor Press books are available from EBSCO.
Inspection copies - University teachers can ask for these using the 'Contact' page.
We have a new imprint for literature - VolitorBooks.com
Thank you, tutors - Vor Press thanks academics from the USA, Canada, Europe, the UK and Australia for their recent comments:
- I really like the straightforwardness of the explanations – everything is very clear
- Teaching this semester was much easier, and more enjoyable, than in the past. ... We were able to follow the textbook and go from descriptive statistics to linear and logistic regression during the semester
- Has a knack of explaining things in an easy and accessible way
- It makes statistics ... simple and straightforward – ideal for our more mathematics fearing students!
- A must-get if you need to learn stats without maths.. a fantastic resource... This book explains some rather complicated methods in a simple way
- Nicely paced stats intro without heavy mathematics
- So far, I think pretty much everyone (students/faculty) that I have shown Jamovi to has switched over and started using it, and I essentially work my way through the textbook when teaching. I am currently using your (wonderful) book for my summer class, and will use it again in the fall. I have shared the exercises with my students.
- Great book
- One of the best out there
Thank you, students - And thank you to students, for your comments:
- One of my favourite books
- For once, our eyes don't glaze over
- I really like the online book. In particular, I can toggle the answers, and match different sections of text together
New writers - We welcome statistician April Liu.
Recently published: Health, Sport and Education versions of the Jamovi/JASP books. From April 15th 2020.
A draft edition of the psychology book was enthusiastically received at universities in Australia in 2018.
Jamovi and JASP have been adopted by universities in
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand